Thank you! We can only be in South Sudan and serve the Lord as His Ambassadors because of the generosity of individuals like you. This week we were given an amazing opportunity to provide our family and ministry team with a much needed vehicle at half the normal cost. We were praying for a new vehicle since January as our existing one is constantly breaking down and needing repairs. Our fundraising goal is $30,000 so we are asking you to pray and ask the Lord to supply our need.
A few things to consider:
- In South Sudan, safety is always an issue, so having a reliable vehicle is essential in case of evacuation. This is a 12-seater people trooper, large enough to evacuate our team in an emergency.
- We serve a large catchment area around Tonj town taking us into remote and impoverished areas for medical outreaches, saving people days of walking to our clinic. For this we need a reliable vehicle.
- We visit our 3 CHE villages weekly and all are in remote locations.
- We purchase all our essential supplies like fuel and food in Wau, 70 miles from Tonj (3 hours driving).
- We do not have any paved roads in South Sudan (except a few in the capital which is far from us).
- In the rainy season most of our roads become impassable, so a strong off road vehicle is essential.
- The vehicle is 3 years old but only has 7,000 miles.
- The opportunity to purchase a second hand vehicle in South Sudan is not easy. This car was previously owned by a missionary, so it will also bless them if we purchase it.
- The car was brought to Tonj last week to be stored until it could be sold. This alone saves us the difficult and dangerous job of driving it in.
- We've prayed for a new vehicle since January and no doors were opening to buy a new one and ship it in. When a fellow missionary heard about our car trouble they connected us to the missionary selling. We believe God did not open those doors previously because He knew this car was going to meet our needs.
- We will put this car to work for the Lord and the furtherance of His Kingdom in South Sudan.
- We hope with the help of our partners, we can reach our fundraising goal together, and as quickly as possible. If you feel led to give, you may donate online (select designation "Vehicle") or mail us a check (write "Vehicle" in the memo).
Thank you for your continued support, and may God bless you as you read this and pray for us!
– Sabet & Suzy Kuj